There are many different types of pumps used to move wastewater and other fluids from one place to another. Two of the most common types are submersible pumps and dry pit pumps.
This post will cover the differences between the two types and their advantages.
What is a submersible pump?
A submersible pump is a machine composed of a hermetically-sealed motor and a pump body that works to push water or fluids towards the surface. As you can probably tell by the name, these pumps are submerged in the fluid that they’re pumping.
What is a dry pit pump?
Before we get into what a dry pit pump is, we need to first explain a dry pit. A dry pit is a below-grade structure located next to a below-grade wet pit that holds liquid, often wastewater. The dry pit pumps are located in the dry pit and suck the liquid from the wet pit through pipes leading into the wet pit.
Submersible pump advantages
The main benefit of a submersible pump is that it can be located deep underground to force liquids to the surface. Here are a few other reasons to choose one:
- Energy efficiency: Even if the submersible pump is located deep underground, it’s a more energy-efficient way to get liquid to the surface than other types of pumps.
- No priming necessary: Priming can be difficult for deep wells. Thankfully, priming isn’t necessary with a submersible pump because it’s already located in the fluid.
Dry pit pump advantages
If you’re not going with a submersible pump, a dry pit pump is your next best option. These are two of the reasons to go with a dry pit pump:
- Easier to repair: Since it’s not located in the water, dry pit pumps are easier to access and make any necessary repairs. Unlike submersible pumps, it’s easy for technicians to see or hear any problems with a dry pit pump.
- Fewer health and safety risks: Health is always a concern when repairing or maintaining anything related to wastewater. Because these pumps are not actually located in the wastewater, dry pit pumps are generally safer to work with.
Choose Enviro-Line Co, Inc. for your pump needs
Nobody beats us when it comes to working on pumps of all sizes and types. Here are the top benefits of hiring Enviro-Line Co, Inc. over other companies:
- Wide range of services: From installation to repairs and general maintenance, we’re the only team you need when it comes to pumping equipment. In addition to the wide range of services, we’re capable of working on pumps used across nearly every industry.
- Decades of experience: The last thing you want is someone without any experience working on your expensive machinery—that’s not the case when you hire us. We’ve been in business since 1971, and we’ve seen and handled everything you can imagine.
The choice is clear if you need someone to work on your submersible pump—hire Enviro-Line Co, Inc. Give us a call today to get a quote or to learn more about all of our services.
Categorised in: Submersible Pumps