Although you can’t see it and you probably don’t think about it too often, your sewer is one of the most important systems in your home. And since it’s hidden from the naked eye, homeowners may tend to neglect it. But forgetting about your home’s plumbing is the last thing you should do.
This post will cover everything you need to know about the importance of sewer system maintenance in Camden County, MO:
- Saves you money: Scheduling regular maintenance every few years—which we’ll cover below—costs a few hundred dollars. While that may seem like a lot, it’s nothing compared to the cost of repairing a malfunctioning system, which can be anywhere from $3,000 to $7,000 per visit!
- Protects your property value: Even if you’re not selling your house anytime soon, you should always be thinking about your property value and keeping it as high as possible. A leaky or faulty sewer system drastically drops your home’s value and may even lead to some legal issues.
- Keeps you healthy: It’s scary to think about, but the wastewater draining from your home to the septic tank or city sewer line is full of disease-causing bacteria and viruses. An improperly maintained sewer system can lead to illnesses like E. coli, shigellosis, typhoid fever, salmonella, cholera and more.
- Protects the environment: The bacteria mentioned above don’t just stay on your property when your sewer system malfunctions. They can contaminate the groundwater and lead to environmental hazards for the community. So, it’s important to do your part for the environment and your neighbors by keeping your sewer system well maintained!
How you can protect your sewer system
Now you know the importance of sewer system maintenance in Camden County, MO—but do you know how to maintain your sewer system? Follow these tips to keep it safe and healthy for years to come:
- Schedule maintenance: Calling a professional to inspect your system every few years is the best way to prevent sewer issues. A professional inspection will identify any flaws before they cause leaks, clogs or other common sewer problems. Better still, they’re a whole lot cheaper than repair calls.
- Mind the drains: Putting food scraps down the kitchen sink or flushing anything other than toilet paper and human waste are two of the leading causes of clogs. Being careful of what goes down the drain can prevent a lot of headaches for you and your chosen plumber.
- Watch for clogs: Turning a blind eye to a slow-draining sink or a toilet that has frequent backups can be easy. Those are just minor inconveniences, right? Wrong! They’re signs that something is wrong with your system, and you need to call a professional as soon as possible.
Schedule an appointment today!
If it’s been a while since you’ve scheduled professional sewer maintenance, now is the time to call our team at Enviro-Line Co., Inc. Contact us today to set up an appointment with our pros or to learn more about the importance of sewer system maintenance in Camden County, MO.
Categorised in: Sewage Systems